Hello, my name is Laura Reilly & I have recently been appointed as the new Income Adviser for Wellhouse Housing Association.
I have worked in welfare rights advice for the past five years and have been delivering advice and representation across the Glasgow and North Lanarkshire area.
I am able to support Wellhouse Housing Association tenants with benefit and debt related issues. I can offer support and advice on a range of issues including:
- Checking your benefits to ensure you are claiming everything you are entitled too.
- Challenging benefit decisions & providing appeal representation.
- Completing benefit forms.
- Offer assistance and advice on applying for Scottish Welfare Fund Payments.
- Offer assistance to manage benefit overpayments
- Offer assistance and advice on debt related issues.
- Offer assistance & advice on Universal Credit.
Full Service Universal Credit is due to be rolled out across the Glasgow area in September 2018. Universal Credit will replace income support, income based job seekers allowance, income related employment and support allowance , housing benefit, child tax credits & working tax credit.
From September 2018 all new claims for income related benefit in the Glasgow area will be a claim for Universal Credit. Existing benefit claims will move to Universal Credit if there is a change in your circumstances, such as moving house. If you are looking for more advice on how Universal Credit will affect you, please pop in and see me or schedule an appointment with me.
Some of you may already know me from my Welfare Rights role in Enable Scotland and some of you I have had the pleasure of meeting over the last week. I am located in the Hub, feel free to come in and have a chat or for benefits advice I can schedule an appointment.
I look forward to working with the community and meeting you all.