The Repairs & Maintenance Policy was approved by the Management Committee in February 2016. The policy has been reviewed and amended to meet good practice, in the social housing sector.
The Policy will enable us to deliver our commitment and strategic objectives to:
- Deliver excellent services
- Provide good quality homes
- Maintain good governance and financial management
In section 16 under Planned Maintenance, the main changes are to delay non-statutory planned maintenance programs to properties if:
- The property is in poor condition internally through negligence.
- There is money owed to the association through rent arrears, recharge repairs or court expenses.
- The tenant does not wish the works to be carried out.
We will comply with the Scottish Social Housing Charter requirements relating to the provision of a reactive and planned maintenance service as noted below:
- Outcome 2. Communication.
- Outcome 3. Participation.
- Outcome 4. Quality of housing.
- Outcome 5. Repairs, maintenance and improvements:
- Outcome 13. Value for money.