Over the years, many tenants and prospective tenants have complained about the complexity and perceived unfairness of our Allocation policy. Many felt it hard to understand how points were awarded or where they stood on the ‘queue’.
- To create a balanced, stable and sustainable community, whilst making the best use of our housing stock.
- To provide a customer focussed allocation service, which is transparent, consistent and perceived as fair.
- An Allocation Policy that is effective, efficient and value for money.
- Ensure we meet the expressed needs or felt needs of our customers?
- Recognise local housing markets and address local needs.
- Support social and economic regeneration.
Wellhouse Housing association will operate a single housing register; this will replace the previous
waiting list. Any person wishing to be considered for housing must join the register.
Anyone aged 16 years or over can join the register. In some circumstances applications to join the register may be suspended e.g. a history of anti-social behaviour, rent arrears (where no arrangement is being maintained) or other breaches of tenancy.
To make an application for housing please contact our office on 0141 781 1884, or email email@example.com.
For more information please read our Choice Based Letting Allocation Policy (insert link to CBL Policy)
Please note that we are currently carrying out consultation with our customers to review the current Choice Based Lettings allocations model against moving to a Common Housing Register (CHR) with 4 other local Housing Associations.
The CHR would be a points based system where a property of offered to the household with the greatest housing need.
There would only be one application to complete to apply to any of the Housing Associations who are members of the CHR and you could choose to apply to as many (or as few) of the Associations as you prefer.