Wellhouse has recently signed up for Disability Confident Commitment. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we have committed to:-
- Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting vacancies
- Offering an interview to disabled people
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- At least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
As a committed employer, we have 12 months to achieve all our commitments and to complete a self-assessment, before we can become a Disability Confident Employer.
The Disability Confident scheme can help give Wellhouse the skills and confidence needed to recruit, retain and develop disabled people. Disability Confident can also help develop the skills and insight to better tap into the estimated £249 billion of spending power that disabled people and their families can wield.
Being Disability Confident will produce benefit for Wellhouse, for its stakeholders and the communities it serves, and for disabled people themselves