If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue Living in the UK after 30th June 2021. If your application is successful you will be awarded settled or pre-settled status.
The deadline for applying to the scheme is 30th June 2021. It is free to apply to EU Settlement Scheme.
If the UK leaves the EU without a deal
You will need to be living in the UK before it leaves the EU to apply. The deadline for applying will be 31 December 2020
You will usually get settled status if you:
- started living in the UK by 31 December 2020 (or by the date the UK leaves the EU without a deal)
- lived in the UK for a continuous 5-year period (known as ‘continuous residence’)
Pre –Settled Status
If you do not have 5 years’ continuous residence when you apply, you’ll usually get pre-settled status. You must have started living in the UK by 31 December 2020 (or by the date the UK leaves the EU without a deal).
You can then apply to change this to settled status once you have 5 years’ continuous residence. You must do this before your pre-settled status expires.
Your rights with settled or pre-settled status
You will be able to:
- work in the UK
- use the NHS
- enroll in education or continue studying
- access public funds such as benefits and pensions, if you’re eligible for them
- travel in and out of the UK
For further information and eligibility visit: