Best Start Payments & foods – Did you know?
- Did you know dependent on your child’s age you may be eligible for Best Start Grants? This could be for up to 3 cash payments.
- Did you know you may be eligible even if you are working as long as you are the main carer for the child and receive a qualifying benefit?
- Did you know you can apply for a Best Start Food card when you’re pregnant or at any time until your child turns 3 years old?
Did you know you if you qualify for Best Start Foods you receive?
- £17 every 4 weeks during pregnancy
- £34 every 4 weeks from your child being born up until they are 1 years old
- £17 every 4 weeks when they are aged between 1 and 3 years old
Did you know you can use your Best Start Food card to buy the following?
- plain cow's milk
- first infant formula
- fresh, frozen or tinned fruit or vegetables
- fresh or dried pulses like lentils, beans, peas and barley
- fresh eggs
For further information ad eligibility criteria please visit: https://www.mygov.scot/best-start-grant-best-start-foods/